Sunday, November 24, 2019

9 Years Published.

Rojuun, My first Book



Book 1 of the Willden Trilogy
Book 4 of the Ryallon Series
FREE!

9 years of writing

9 years ago today, I published my first book, Rojuun. I was 40 and decided it was time I got off my behind to accomplish one of my life's goals.  It's been a long, enjoyable journey.  Having accomplished as much as I have has given me a sense of satisfaction.

In the last 9 years, I've:
Published 28 original stories and 2 compilations.
Sold over 18,000 copies of my books.
Given away over 435,000 copies of books.
Distributed books to 39 countries.
Written more than 1.5 million words.

Bibliography


Stories for Demented Children:
Odd tales of anti-heroes doing their best to survive odd circumstances.





Novels of Ryallon:

My full-length novels are set in the world of Ryallon.  They are high fantasy with magic, rogues, knights, dragons and flower children.

Dralin Series (Set before the Willden trilogy)

The Wyvern Series (Parallel to the Willden Trilogy, set in time after the Dralin Trilogy)

Willden Trilogy (Written first)

The Crazed Series (All previous series merge here)
Augury (Coming 2020)
To be Determined (Coming 2020)

Stand-alone Novella

Other Stories:

Short stories and a novella that came to me along the way.

Novella
Alien Coffee (Sci-fi)

Short Stories
Test Pilot (Sci-fi)

What the future holds

I've written the 29th book and am on my 30th book, respectively the 13th and 14th of the Ryallon Series.  I need to get further on the 30th to establish consistency between the two.

Lately, the words haven't been there.  Real life has required far more attention than I'd like.  In addition, I mentioned above that I've written 1.5 million words.  I'm a little worn out on writing, and the last couple of years, it's felt like a chore rather than a passion.  I believe it's harmed the quality of my writing.  I'm taking the time to find my passion and motivation and will eventually pick it back up.

That said, I'm looking forward to continuing this journey for many years to come.  I have a million stories left to write.

All my best,

John H. Carroll



No comments: