Sunday, October 20, 2013

Nadir's Zenith, book 3 review and Kickstarter

"Nadir's Zenith" series by Jackson Compton and Jerry Bennett



With the advent and harnessing of hyperspace technology, mankind left for the stars with reckless abandon. In the year 2112, corporations are the off-world governments policed by the Intergalactic Peace Corps. Follow the adventures of IPC Space Marshal, Captain John Nadir on his adventures through the galaxy. "Nadir's Zenith" is Space Opera, 100 years in the making!  Follow the series on facebook

Also, they are in the process of doing a Kickstarter project for comics 4 and 5.  From their Kickstarter page: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/223920479/nadirs-zenith-comic-book-issues-4-and-5

Hello, everyone! We'd like to thank our fan-base for the unwavering support shown for the first three issues of NADIR'S ZENITH. Your continued interest and enthusiasm for our comic book is why we've started this Kickstarter project. Everyone loves our story and the only complaint has been, "When will the next issue be out? Hurry it up!" We're an independent comic book producer. That means we produce only as fast as funds are available. Lean months mean longer gaps between issues. We want to remedy the time-lag and with your help, we'll do just that. We have streamlined the production/printing process during the first three issues and have the procedures down to a science.  We are constantly sold out at our local comic book shops. We've even been picked up by Comixology.

(All images © Jackson Compton and Jerry Bennett. All rights reserved.)

Nadir's Zenith is the Brainchild of Jackson Compton brought to life by the fantastic art of Jerry Bennett.  You can read my review of my first two here: http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/05/comic-review-nadirs-zenith.html

Comic #3



Description

Star Fighters attack Moon City and Captain John Nadir uses his skills in an attempt to remedy a dire situation. With the advent and harnessing of hyperspace technology, mankind left for the stars with reckless abandon. In the year 2112, corporations are the off-world governments policed by the Intergalactic Peace Corps. Follow the adventures of IPC Space Marshal, Captain John Nadir on his adventures through the galaxy. "Nadir's Zenith" is Space Opera, 100 years in the making!

Nadir's Zenith is the Brainchild of Jackson Compton brought to life by the fantastic art of Jerry Bennett. Follow the adventures of Captain John Nadir, Space Marshal of the Intergalactic Peace Corps (IPC). Nadir's Zenith is Space Opera, 100 years in the making...

Nadir's Zenith #3 TM and © Enigma Endeavors Productions, Jackson Compton, Jerry Bennett. All rights reserved.

My Review

The biggest problem I have with these comics is that I can't wait for the next one!  The suspense is killing me!  From the beginning of book 1, suspense has been established in the story.  It grows intense in book 3.  More details are unveiled (I'm not telling you what they are because it would be spoilers), but each of those details open numerous questions.  Things are becoming more exciting with each turn of the page!

Captain Nadir is likable with his smirk, wry humor and disregard for authority.  He's brave of course, as every intergalactic space captain is bound to be, but I think it's because he likes getting into trouble more than anything.  There's also a great deal of mystery surrounding his past and future.

There's another character from the first book that I didn't expect to see in this one and the appearance of that person brings up a hundred more mysteries!  I'm very intrigued.

The artwork is excellent again.  It puts the reader in the scene and also conveys so much more than just words can.  Each detail of the characters brings personality.  The faces are expressive and help to convey emotions.  I love the sci-fi landscapes, especially of Moon City where most of this story occurs.  In one of the first scenes, you even get to see the Millennium Falcon!  I have an inside source who says there a lot of Easter Eggs in it like that, but that's the only one I caught.  I'd be curious to see if anyone else found anything.

I don't know when the next episode will be out, but I am eagerly awaiting it.  I love the story of Nadir's Zenith and can't get enough of it. :)




About the creators

Jackson Compton
is a wonderfully handsome (so he says)novelist, screenwriter, comic book writer, and founder of Enigma Endeavors Productions, LLC. His first fantasy novel, “Night’s End,” was published in 2008 and his second, “The Crucible of Happenstance” in 2011. He co-wrote the screenplay for Felix Matos’s horror movie, “Pumpken,” and had a small role in the film.  He is the creator and writer of the space opera comic book series, “Nadir’s Zenith,” with fellow artist, Jerry Bennett. Future projects include: the sequel to "Crucible," the graphic novel “Flora & Fauna,” and comic book series “Tainted World” and “Wayfarer.”

Jerry Bennett
is a comic book artist at heart, but because of his diverse drawing styles, he's been fortunate enough to illustrate several children's books, draw and/or paint murals, portraits and shirt designs for Marvel, Lucasfilm and many more.  Jerry loves connecting with his fan base at the many conventions he's attended where he sells prints of his work as well.  Just recently, The Stan Lee Foundation reached out to him for exclusive prints and representation.  In his spare time, Jerry is writing and illustrating a middle grade graphic novel about alien cats. https://facebook.com/thejerrybennett

Indy Planet, a great source for Independent Comics

If you're interested in the extraordinary selection of comics available out there, check out Indy Planet.




POD (Print On Demand) comics

Just as I have my books printed on demand through Createspace, Comic creators can have theirs printed through Ka-Blam.



Disclaimer

I have decided to review books that I enjoy. I am an avid reader of fantasy, so most of them will be in that genre. I'm not taking any requests, just reading what catches my eyes. You'll find that most of these are from Indie Authors. The way I figure it, David Eddings, Anne McCaffrey, Alan Dean Foster and Piers Anthony (my favorite authors) already have enough reviews, but Indies could always use a few more.

It is important to note here that while I am a writer, I am doing these reviews as a reader. I also know a number of the authors I will be reviewing. This is not an exchange of reviews, nor have I been solicited by those authors to write the review.  If I don't like a book, I won't review it.

All my best,

John H. Carroll

No comments: