Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Rojuun

The idea for my first book: "Rojuun" came about in February of 2010.  I decided that I was finally going to write a book like I had been saying I would do for the last 20 years.  I had started a book called "Pelya" a few years earlier, but realized that it needed to be started over as I learned more about writing.

When I went to look for my outline and what I had written on that book, I couldn't find it.  After a few days of searching and cussing, I sat down at the computer and decided to start from scratch.



There was an image in my head that had been there since I was a child.  I'm not certain where it came from, but it was very vivid.  It was an image of a valley and a young man coming home after a long journey.  In that image, a terrible thing happened.

I decided to start with the image of the valley and created a man named Tathan.  He had a dark past and was running from something.  I took him to his home and the same bad thing that happened in my memory happened in the book.

After that, I had no idea what would happen.  My image didn't go beyond the incident.  So I decided that I would take a journey with Tathan and his cousin Liselle.  Everything in the book was decided as I wrote the words.  I didn't know what was going to happen next any more than the characters in the book did. 

Along the way, the characters and I met Vevin and Sir Danth.  I found them fascinating as I wove their personalities into being.  Further on, we met Druids and eventually the Rojuun.  I'll let you in on a little secret:  I still don't know how I feel about the Rojuun.  By the time you're done with the trilogy, you won't either. ;)

The price of Rojuun is free.  It's a good deal for a full length novel and worth the risk.  If you like it, the next two books are $4.99 each and can be found in the same place you buy this one.

The list of online stores where you can find Rojuun:

Smashwords: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/31154?ref=johnhcarroll

No comments: